Fire Marshal's Office-Plan Review
Plans must be submitted to the Fire Marshal’s Office in accordance with the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, Title 25,
- Plans must be submitted for the construction of new commercial buildings, renovations and remodels.
- All BUILDING plans must include a Life Safety Data sheet.
- Plans must be submitted to the Building Inspection Office.
- Fire Alarm and Sprinkler companies must submit separate plans for all fire protection systems.
The Rome/Floyd County Fire Marshal's office plan review process utilizes BluBeam Software.
The cost for plan review by the Fire Marshal’s Office is $75 payable via online services after plans are reviewed and stamped with approval.
Please Click the application link for the Plan Review process including quick reference guides for requirements.
Plan Review Application
All building plans, and plans for fire protection systems (including fire alarm, sprinkler systems, and hood systems) may be submitted electronically using the email on the Plan Review Application. For Questions, please call: Inspector Stephen Belcher (office) 706-236-4511
Fire Prevention: The Fire Codes
The City of Rome and Floyd County have adopted the State Minimum Standards for Fire and Life Safety as specified in the Georgia Amendments 120-3-3 and local ordinances.
- National Fire Protection Association
Here is a link to reference guides for the Georgia minimum standards for fire and life safety:
The Rome/Floyd County Fire Department is registered with the The Knox Company. All new construction with a fire protection system shall have a lock box or Knox Box for the Rapid Access Program. For more information: https://www.knoxbox.com/
Georgia State Fire Marshal’s Office